Cisco ASA 5516-X Security Appliance with FirePOWER Services
The ASA5516-FPWR-K9 is a Cisco ASA 5500-X Series next-generation firewall. It provides advanced security and networking services, including virtual firewalls and high-availability services, for small and medium-sized organizations.
This donation includes
- Cisco ASA 5516-X security appliance with FirePOWER Services (ASA5516-FPWR-K9) and AC power supply
- Product documentation
- Cables: power cord and USB console cable (type A to type B)
- Installation hardware: Phillips screws for rack mounting
Benefits for Organizations
If you have advanced Cisco networking experience or access to a consultant, you can use the Cisco ASA 5516-X security appliance to
- Proactively protect your organization against Internet threats
- Allow employees to use their own mobile devices to securely access your network by enabling "bring your own device" (BYOD) policies
- Reduce travel by supporting remote workers or branch connections with VPN connections
- Enforce differentiated security policies based on the user, device, role, and application type
- Reduce IT costs and management by using virtual firewalls to consolidate the functions of multiple security devices into a single appliance
- Avoid downtime by enabling high-availability services
Each device meets the following specifications.
|Stateful inspection throughput (max):||1.8 Gbps|
|IPsec VPN peers:||300|
|Cisco Cloud Web Security users:||2,000|
|AnyConnect Plus or Apex VPN peers:||0; expandable to 300 with optional Apex licenses from TechSoup Czech Republic or Cisco|
|Virtual interfaces (VLANs):||100|
|High availability services:||active/active and active/standby|
|Security contexts (virtual firewalls):||2; expandable to 5 if licenses are purchased directly from Cisco|
|Integrated network ports:||8 Gigabit Ethernet ports|
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
License Upgrades Available
You can request license upgrades for this device through TechSoup.
- Cisco ASA 5516-X Threat Defense License Bundle, 5-Year Subscription: License and subscription providing three additional threat defense services for intrusion prevention, advanced malware protection, and URL filtering.
- Cisco 5500 Series AnyConnect Apex 25-User SSL VPN 5-Year Subscription License: Software-based licenses for supporting 25 additional SSL VPN users. Multiple licenses can be applied to one security appliance to support additional users.
Additional Equipment Required for Certain Features
If hardware-based switch ports and Power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities are required, you should consider requesting an external switch to use with this security appliance. Cisco offers several switches with PoE capabilities through TechSoup, such as the Cisco 2960-C Series switch.
The integrated bridging and routing feature included in the default configuration for this device with Cisco ASA software version 9.7(1.4) or later can provide an alternative to using an external switch. Learn more about this option.
Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for this product.
Obtaining Your Product
TechSoup might request additional information to verify that your organization matches the Cisco philanthropy guidelines. When TechSoup approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email from TechSoup. Cisco will deliver your product within eight weeks.
- AC input voltage and frequency:
- 90 to 240 V
- 50 or 60 Hz
- Environmental constraints:
- Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: -13 to 158°F (-25 to 70°C)
- Operating/storage relative humidity: 10 to 90 percent noncondensing
- Operating altitude: 0 to 10,000 feet (3,000 meters)
- Storage altitude: 0 to 15,000 feet (4,600 meters)